........................................................................................................................................................................................................
allan, michelle, aidan mateo, mia alani, and lola our cat a.k.a. lola-giiiiiirrrrllll
........................................................................................................................................................................................................



about us
a family of 4
1 sweet kitty
avid moviewatchers
allan loves gadgets
michelle tries to be crafty
aidan is our star
mia is our flower
lola is a good pet

sign guestbook
view guestbook
write us

links
lee and marie
ces
grace and derrick
gigi
may and june

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

blog archives

  • May 2002
  • June 2002
  • July 2002
  • September 2002
  • October 2002
  • November 2002
  • December 2002
  • January 2003
  • February 2003
  • March 2003
  • April 2003
  • May 2003
  • June 2003
  • July 2003
  • August 2003
  • September 2003
  • October 2003
  • November 2003
  • December 2003
  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Saturday, October 22, 2005

    Our first picture together on the night of Mia's birth.

    This is Mia today being carried by her Lola Precy. Look at those chubby cheeks!!

    We'd like to introduce our beautiful baby girl...

    Mia Alani Alcantara Guray
    6 pounds 11 ounces
    October 19, 2005, 5:54 p.m.

    We're all doing fine here in the homefront. I gave birth to her on Wednesday (I think she's going to take after me because she is so punctual! We girls are all about timing!) and we were discharged from the hospital on Friday. She's eating well and keeping us awake, but we're all happy that she's finally here with us. Allan and I love sniffing and kissing her. Aidan also loves his sister but he has to stay away from her for a while because he's coughing right now.

    As for me, giving birth to Mia was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. With Aidan I had the epidural which hardly made me feel anything. But this time my contractions came on hard and fast that there was no time for that epidural. I was given Nubain which the nurse said would take the edge off, but it only made me sleepy between contractions. When one came on I still screamed and howled like banshee. Overall Mia's birth was so much easier than Aidan's. Although I still had an episiotomy, I can walk around and do things! I'm really glad about that because I can take care of both my children right away instead of having to wait for myself to recover.

    Thank you to everyone for thinking about us!
    (For those of you who'd like to know...Mia is Italian for "mine" and it is also thought of as a diminutive for the name Maria. Alani is a Hawaiian name meaning "the color orange, orange tree or orange fruit", but we picked it mainly as a tribute to her Daddy.)

    posted by michelle.g 4:33 PM