........................................................................................................................................................................................................
allan, michelle, aidan mateo, mia alani, and lola our cat a.k.a. lola-giiiiiirrrrllll
........................................................................................................................................................................................................



about us
a family of 4
1 sweet kitty
avid moviewatchers
allan loves gadgets
michelle tries to be crafty
aidan is our star
mia is our flower
lola is a good pet

sign guestbook
view guestbook
write us

links
lee and marie
ces
grace and derrick
gigi
may and june

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

blog archives

  • May 2002
  • June 2002
  • July 2002
  • September 2002
  • October 2002
  • November 2002
  • December 2002
  • January 2003
  • February 2003
  • March 2003
  • April 2003
  • May 2003
  • June 2003
  • July 2003
  • August 2003
  • September 2003
  • October 2003
  • November 2003
  • December 2003
  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Monday, July 18, 2005
    Her name is...Lola



    Last Monday night, Allan and I were unloading groceries from our car when Allan said, "Look, there's a kitty here!" She was little and scrawny and she kept walking around us. I felt so sorry for her and I wanted to give her something to eat because she was clearly a stray and in need of nourishment. All we had was milk which is not really recommended for cats but I gave her some and she lapped it all up. Allan and I asked each other what we were going to do with her. Should we just let her go? I picked her up and she started sucking on my hand like she would suckle with her mother. We just didn't have the heart to let her go off by herself. Who knows what could happen to a little kitten in this hot weather. So we let her stay in our bathroom for the night until we thought about whether we should keep her or not.

    Well, the next morning Allan had to go to SF and I just went ahead and bought her food and a litter box so she could at least eat and do her business. When I talked to Allan again it was already clear that we were going to keep her. She was still a baby, mild-mannered and really needed a good home. So he asked me what we should name her and I said I was thinking of Lola. And he said, "I was thinking of that name too!" How funny!

    So I didn't let her out of the bathroom until Thursday after I took her to the vet to get checked out. She's approximately 10 weeks old and the great part is that she's healthy. She just had dirty ears. I gave her a bath and even bought her some toys. It was funny when we were at the vet...after she got her three shots she quickly jumped onto my shoulder. I think we've already bonded. Now she's free-roaming in the house. She knows where her things are and her favorite spots to nap are either on the couch or in front of the TV. I like it best when she sits on my chest and falls asleep. As a pet, we think she's perfect.

    posted by michelle.g 1:28 PM