........................................................................................................................................................................................................
allan, michelle, aidan mateo, mia alani, and lola our cat a.k.a. lola-giiiiiirrrrllll
........................................................................................................................................................................................................



about us
a family of 4
1 sweet kitty
avid moviewatchers
allan loves gadgets
michelle tries to be crafty
aidan is our star
mia is our flower
lola is a good pet

sign guestbook
view guestbook
write us

links
lee and marie
ces
grace and derrick
gigi
may and june

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

blog archives

  • May 2002
  • June 2002
  • July 2002
  • September 2002
  • October 2002
  • November 2002
  • December 2002
  • January 2003
  • February 2003
  • March 2003
  • April 2003
  • May 2003
  • June 2003
  • July 2003
  • August 2003
  • September 2003
  • October 2003
  • November 2003
  • December 2003
  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Tuesday, October 26, 2004
    Aaaaargh!!! I got a jury duty summons last week. Now I'm all for doing your civic duty but what makes me angry is that they denied my excuse...my excuse being that I take care of my son and that the day of the summons is a school day. Does the system care? Can they give a Mom who cares for the well-being of her son a break? Perhaps I should have expounded more and written smaller on the 2-inch line that was given to write our "full explanation". I could've said that my husband would be unavailable to watch our son and that we have only one car (Should I bring my son to school or waste the tuition that I paid for that day so I could be an unpaid juror?) and that I don't want to drive all the way to frickin' Riverside, darn it! I'm crossing my fingers, hoping that I won't have to report on the 15th but, having said this, it'll likely bite me in the butt and I'll have to do my duty.

    I've been sent a summons six times compared to Allan's zero, but those other times I guess I had a legit excuse (school, baby...). Why do I keep getting them? I feel like I have this aura around me that exudes "easy mark." This reminds me of my college days when I kept getting approached by religious people wanting to talk to me about Jesus. It was ridiculous how often I would get approached! One time I had taken only five steps out of my apartment when someone approached me about meeting with their group. They must've taken one look at me and said, "That girl needs religion! She's got the devil in her!" Ugh. They seemed to be such nice people but what did they know? So, in that regard, I'm glad to be living in a nice house, in a nice area, but what does the County of Riverside know about my life that they would deny my excuse! We pay our taxes...a huge amount of tax! I should be able to decide whether I have the time to be a juror or not.

    iTunes downloaded: In Da Club (50 Cent), Country Grammar (Nelly), Why Can't I (Liz Phair), One, Two Step (Ciara)

    posted by michelle.g 10:52 PM