........................................................................................................................................................................................................
allan, michelle, aidan mateo, mia alani, and lola our cat a.k.a. lola-giiiiiirrrrllll
........................................................................................................................................................................................................



about us
a family of 4
1 sweet kitty
avid moviewatchers
allan loves gadgets
michelle tries to be crafty
aidan is our star
mia is our flower
lola is a good pet

sign guestbook
view guestbook
write us

links
lee and marie
ces
grace and derrick
gigi
may and june

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

blog archives

  • May 2002
  • June 2002
  • July 2002
  • September 2002
  • October 2002
  • November 2002
  • December 2002
  • January 2003
  • February 2003
  • March 2003
  • April 2003
  • May 2003
  • June 2003
  • July 2003
  • August 2003
  • September 2003
  • October 2003
  • November 2003
  • December 2003
  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Monday, September 13, 2004



    I went through first day jitters last night and I didn't get to sleep until 1 a.m. I really had to struggle out of bed this morning but I did it! 6 a.m.! Not that I had a choice in the matter :)

    It was still dark! I made rice the night before so all I had to do was fry up the vienna sausages this morning. I wanted Aidan to get off on a good start and a full belly. Aidan was a little groggy when I woke him up but he perked up fast. We had breakfast together, then I brushed Aidan's teeth and got him dressed and then I got dressed, grabbed the videocam and the digi and our family was off!

    Aidan said he was excited. We got to the school and we waited for a bit outside the class for the doors to open. I know Allan and I were much more anxious than Aidan. I was taking pictures of him and he began doing his karate poses. Then when the door finally opened, we walked him inside straight to the circle time rug. All the parents gathered around the back of the class either videotaping or taking pictures. If only we could've stayed to watch! All of us parents had to leave after they did their morning prayers and it was one of those bittersweet times having to wave goodbye to Aidan because we've begun another phase in our lives.

    I didn't really get the chance to sit around and miss him though. I had to go to Target because I forgot to get his classroom supplies: paper towels, tissues, disinfectant wipes, ziplocs. Then I took a detour to Michael's to shop for beading supplies until it was time to pick him up. Time went by quickly!

    I felt like such a Mom going to school and picking up my son. I remembered how I would pick up my brothers from school, but it's different because now the boy is my own. It's an amazing feeling. While waiting outside the class I could hear singing because it was someone's birthday. When the door opened all the kids were gathered on the rug and Ms. Yamas called one child at a time to come out, plus they all got goody bags for their first day. Aidan saw me by the door and he started to walk out but he was told, "Not yet, Aidan." (Later he told me he just wanted to say hi to me.) When he was finally called, I could tell that he had a good time. He had frosting on his face and his shirt.

    Did you have fun? Yes. What did you do? We did circle time and played at the playground. Did you meet any friends? Yes, I talked to Stevie. Did you play with anyone at the playground? Yes, just one girl. What was your job today? I was the line leader. Where did you go when you were in line? To the playground.

    While driving home he was excited about the stuff in his goody bag. There were these paper glasses that he insisted on wearing even though they kept falling off his face. Later we looked through it and what was inside were little objects that had meaning. Stickers for "sticking together", erasers because "we all make mistakes", a paper apple because they "will learn something new everyday" and a cotton ball for "warm feelings." Aidan said, "I'm so lucky to get a cotton ball!" It's funny how he gets excited about little things.

    Then I videotaped him a bit more and I said, "Aidan, I missed you while you were gone. Did you miss me?" And he said, "No." Sigh. Bittersweet, indeed. But I'm so glad you had a good time, Aidan-boy, and I'm elated that you like going to school. I'm so proud of you!


    posted by michelle.g 8:22 PM