........................................................................................................................................................................................................
allan, michelle, aidan mateo, mia alani, and lola our cat a.k.a. lola-giiiiiirrrrllll
........................................................................................................................................................................................................



about us
a family of 4
1 sweet kitty
avid moviewatchers
allan loves gadgets
michelle tries to be crafty
aidan is our star
mia is our flower
lola is a good pet

sign guestbook
view guestbook
write us

links
lee and marie
ces
grace and derrick
gigi
may and june

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

blog archives

  • May 2002
  • June 2002
  • July 2002
  • September 2002
  • October 2002
  • November 2002
  • December 2002
  • January 2003
  • February 2003
  • March 2003
  • April 2003
  • May 2003
  • June 2003
  • July 2003
  • August 2003
  • September 2003
  • October 2003
  • November 2003
  • December 2003
  • January 2004
  • February 2004
  • March 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006

  • Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Sunday, September 07, 2003

    This picture summarizes pretty much what it was like during Aidan's first experience as part of a wedding party.

    First of all, I 've said before that my boy is plagued with clumsiness before important events and this time was no exception. Last Monday he was sitting playing with his beloved robots and all of the sudden I saw him lose his balance and conk his forehead right on the floor. I couldn't believe it! He had a huge, ugly bump and I applied ice to it on and off for thirty minutes. Thankfully it went away the very next day. So all was right in the world, you think? Three hours before the wedding he was playing again, this time he had his feet inside a box. He tried to get out and the box slipped along the carpet and he fell amongst some other boxes. He was embarrassed and didn't want me to see him but when he finally showed me his face I just threw my hands in the air. Down along his left cheek was a long, red welt most likely caused by falling onto a box corner. Ice helped only a little so he showed up at the wedding as Mr. Scarface.

    Then all day Allan and I wrestled with good and not-so-good Aidan. It was a long day so we were pretty exhausted with always telling him what to do. I walked with him down the aisle and although he was really self-concious I'm glad he made it all the way down without losing his nerve. And he even did his duty of getting the coins to the best man even though he stopped a little short and made the best man walk to him. He slept during the ride to the reception and I had to wake him up in time for the wedding party entrance which counted for his next three hours of whining "I wanna go home." I had to carry him during the entrance and I thought that I should've dressed better had I known I would get so much exposure! But after he ate a little and got to play outside for a while, his attitude got nicer and eventually he became the "real" Aidan and he even danced with us.

    I have to say that Grace and Derrick made such a beautiful couple and I had to hold back tears when Grace walked down the aisle. You could almost touch the happiness they exuded. Thank you, Grace and Derrick, for the honor of letting our family be a part of your wedding! My one regret is that we didn't get a picture together so I hope we can purchase some pictures that the photographer took!


    These are the two things I hinted about on my last post. The first is my birthday gift from Allan - the Canon S50! I'd been saying that I was going to sell paintings so I can save money to buy this little but muy expensivo toy. I was getting tired of my 2.0 megapixel digi. Never did I think that Allan would get this for me. I thought he'd give me an easel which I would've been pleased with but now I'm extremely pleased and I looooooove this camera. It's got 5, count it, 5 megapixels. Wooooohooo! So clear, so fabulous, ooooh, aaaahh.

    And this was mine and Melissa's super huge birthday tart! I love mini tarts and having this humongous tart made me sooooo happy. Thanks, Victoria, for introducing it to us! It's worth the long drive to Glendale!

    And thank you to everyone who celebrated with me! A special day isn't special without the people you care about.

    Happy 7th anniversary, Beez! I love you! Allan, Aidan and I will be off to SF tomorrow morning so my next post won't be til next week! I'm just looking forward to the long drive with Allan-my-mind-is-too-vast-for-this-belittling-task-of-driving and Aidan-one-track-mind-what's-your-favorite-robot/car. He he.

    posted by michelle.g 10:26 AM